Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 13- Can you guess what this is??


I live in an area with tons of refineries. This picture is of a warning sound system. If there is any chemical leak that is dangerous these things will go off. There are tons of them all around the city and in the next two cities over. They test them once a month to make sure they are working probably. If they go off you are to go inside, shut all the windows and doors and turn off the air conditioner. You know all is clear when they sound again. Sometimes if we have really bad weather and a funnel cloud has been spotted they will also go off. That isn't as common though. Mainly it's because there has been an explosion or fire at one of the chemical plants.

1 comment:

Mrs. Fence said...

I don't remember seeing these when I was in your neck-of-the-woods, and I'm glad I never heard one!