Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 4- Christmas Cactus


I've had this Christmas Cactus for about six years now and it's only bloomed once. One day I was walking Jiggs and my neighbor had trimmed her Christmas Cactus and threw the clipping in a bucket by the road. I gathered them up, about 6 of them, and stuck them in some dirt. Six years later this is what it looks like. I was looking at it this morning and thinking what pretty green leaves it has. I've tried forcing it to bloom by sticking it in a dark spot for six weeks. It didn't work. I have finally given up and don't think it will ever bloom. I have just recently moved it to this sunny spot in the living room. Maybe the extra sun will help.

2 comments:

Loobylou said...

hey, I have one of them- we call it a zygocactus. What colour is your flower? mine is hot pink.

Mrs. Fence said...

I have a couple of these too! Maybe I'll have to post a pic of mine some day. I love plants. Yours is beautiful, even if it doesn't bloom!